Online Education Systems Administrator
Summary: Online Education Systems Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software and networks. This position is responsible for conferring with vendors and services, developing, testing, and designing system infrastructure.
- Providing support to faculty, students and staff using the campus LMS Canvas and its integrated tools (Student Information Systems, CRM, WordPress, etc.);
- Developing and delivering training workshops and support documentation.
- Reporting usage statistics and analytics reports.
- Test upgrades and new integrations.
- Advising supervisor on recommended system enhancements.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or technology, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience, in the area of education, faculty support and/or instructional technologies
- Professional work experience providing user (faculty/student/staff) support for learning management systems or similar online applications (highest priority given to those with experience in Canvas Learning
- Demonstrated ability working with users, creating training materials, and facilitating workshops.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, customer service-oriented environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication, problem solving, and creative thinking skills.
- One or more years’ professional work experience providing user (faculty/student/staff) support for educational technologies and online applications (highest priority given to those with experience in Canvas in an academic setting.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and graphics skills.
- Experience supporting web conferencing tools (highest priority given to those with experience in Canvas, Jenzabar SONIS, and/or SharpSpring CRM) and multimedia applications.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate well with technical staff, software support staff, and vendors.