Facilities Maintenance Utility Technician
Work at multiple locations to perform event setup labor, repairs and maintenance of buildings and grounds, including painting, dry wall repair, semi-skilled carpentry, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, and other repair work by keeping buildings in proper operating conditions using hand tools and power tools as necessary to ensure comfort and safety of our guests and staff. Also provide task assistance to the senior technicians of the facilities team.
- Ability to repair plumbing, machinery, and electrical circuitry.
- Dry wall repair.
- Repairs plaster and brick.
- Assembling furniture.
- Repair woodwork with carpenters' tools and applies finishes.
- Install shelves.
- Change door locks.
- Hang doors.
- Install or repair weather stripping.
- Hang plaques, pictures and paintings.
- Fix creaking door hinges.
- Replace or install light and dimmer switches.
- Paint walls, ceilings and trim (interior or exterior).
- Repair plumbing fixtures.
- Clean light fixtures, test lighting systems weekly.
- Replace minor parts, such as florescent tubes, light bulbs, fuses, starters and diffusers.
- Place and/or rearrange tables and chairs for event set up as needed.
- Advise management of need for supplies, materials, and tools.
- Support painting, beautification repairs, maintenance or any projects the Facilities Manager requests.
- Run general errands as requested.
- Work in close association with the entire staff to build and maintain a strong team environment and complete the work necessary to fully serve and support the ministries.
- Attend regular staff meetings and additional meetings when requested.
- 24 hour assistance may be required with associated equipment.
- Responsible for 24-hour emergency service as needed, including, but not limited to, fire/security alarms, and maintenance emergencies.
- Have a general awareness and knowledge of fire/security systems & procedures.
- Monitor lighting (including parking lot), heating and air conditioning to ensure comfort and safety of our guests/staff and report to the AC technician for appropriate temperature adjustment.
- Perform diversified tasks to maintain the facilities by providing commercial-grade services in the following areas: mechanical, electrical, and plumbing.
- Perform minor and major repair of all buildings and equipment as well as new construction/installation.
- Perform preventive maintenance procedures on building mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis; inspect belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, grease bearings, seals, etc.; repair or replace broken parts.
- Report all unsafe working conditions that need correcting.
- Monitor the work order system and take care of daily tasks associated with work orders, etc.
- Participate in the monthly on call and Sunday rotation shifts to ensure a balance staffing for events, etc.
- Maintain friendly, prompt and accurate service to customers.
- It is critical to maintain a team oriented relationship with coworkers. Must possess the ability to work well with others, be dependable and reliable.
- High school diploma required or GED.
- Trade school certificate in one or more trades beneficial, but not essential.
- EPA – Certification (Universal) required.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in facilities maintenance or the equivalent.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic principles and techniques of plumbing, wood finishing, painting, electricity, and dry wall
- Operational characteristics of mechanical equipment, tools, and supplies used in the area of work assigned.
- Knowledgeable of occupational hazards and standard safety practices necessary in the area of work assigned.
- Skilled in plumbing, machinery, and electrical circuitry.