Executive Administrative Assistant
Summary: Provides general administrative support for the Chief Executive Coordinator and the Operations Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to manage calendar and independently schedules appointments.
- Ability to screen incoming calls and from staff, media, community and business leaders and correspondence and responds independently when possible.
- Ability to prepare memorandums outlining and explaining communications procedures and policies to internal staff.
- Ability to organize programs, events, meetings or briefings by arranging for facilities and caterers, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers and controlling event budget.
- Prepares agendas, notices, minutes and resolutions for meetings.
- Arranges complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings for the department.
- Ability to represent executive director in staff meetings and other functions when he is unable to attend.
- Ability to provide administrative support to communications department.
- Reconciles and tracks agency and consultant billing and contracts.
- Takes and transcribes dictation and composes and prepares confidential correspondence, reports and other complex documents.
- Performs complex and confidential secretarial functions including developing and typing taped dictation or written correspondence. Responds to routine external correspondence. Types memos, purchase requisitions, payment requests and other department forms and documents.
- May prepares the Executive Director’s expense reports and reimbursements.
Other Job Functions:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and research matters including correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Ability to create and maintain database and spreadsheet files.
- Ability to arrange complex and detail travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings, and accompanies executive director when requested.
- Ability to plan, assign, and direct work.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required):
- Skill in written and oral communication.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to work with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to handle multiple job tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of an organization.
- Ability to operate a variety of physical skills including but not limited to typing, sitting, walking, crouching, bending, and kneeling.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment including but not limited personal computer, telephone, printer, facsimile.
Qualifying Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University in Business Administration or any related field of study, or one to two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.