Director of Education Programs and Registrar
Summary: The Director of Education Programs and Registrar who will oversee new non-degree individuals seeking education programs, manage the enrollment and student services team, serve as liaison between partnering education institutions, maintain academic records of all students and works with partnering institutions to facilitate the registration process for divinity school students. The director will work with other administrators to coordinate times and locations for on campus class meetings and resolve scheduling conflicts. Other responsibilities include serving on teams to facilitate learning management systems and student information systems, keeping student records, keeping track of students’ graduation eligibility, planning commencement activities and transcripts.
- Must be versed on guidelines by the Texas Workforce Commission and Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, FERPA law.
- Ensure compliance with guidelines from the Department of Education.
- Competent and knowledgeable in student information system software and learning management systems.
- Help to develop the school academic policies for advising students on how to meet distribution and graduation requirements
- Resolve issues related to individual academic records, such as credit attribution.
- Recommend useful technological updates and implementations to create a more efficient work environment.
- Must be familiar and comfortable with changing technology.
- Must be creative to develop other programs and projects to serve the needs in the church and society.
- Facilitates the movement of students through their programs, ensuring that records are properly kept, help students with their class schedules, and (as available) scholarships, discounts, advanced standing, and grant information are disseminated.
- Upgrades professional knowledge, evaluates new technologies, and recommends implementation as appropriate.
- Must be organized and able to manage people and several projects simultaneously.
- Recommends and participates in the development and implementation of policies and procedures regarding student registration, records, class schedules, instructional space scheduling, residency requirements, identification cards, and graduation requirements.
- Participate in planning residency weeks.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must be willing to support the mission and vision at the school.
- A Master's degree may also be required.
- Requires three to five years of experience in higher education leadership and with enrollment services and/ or has worked as a Registrar, including a background in supervising other employees.
- Knowledge of computer science preferred.
- Should be able to work with a variety of people and have exceptional communication skills, including when collaborating with multiple college departments.
- Should be highly organized and be able to quickly adapt to change. An attention to detail is also necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills especially in the telephone and zoom mediums.
- Ability to make responsible decisions.
- Works well with others.
- Organized and able to handle caseloads.
- Ability to critically think, analyze data, and generate conclusions logically.
- Ability to work well independently, but also contribute to a team.