Administrative Assistant (VC)
Summary: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the coordination, and management of schedules, activities, and providing administrative support.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage supervisor’s calendar and independently schedule appointments.
- Screen incoming calls and correspondences and responds independently, when possible.
- Prepare memorandums outlining and explaining administrative procedures and policies to supervisory workers or volunteers, and monitor compliance.
- Act as custodian of corporate documents and records.
- Reviews and routes incoming mail, orders, etc., and maintains supplies.
- Make copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
- Compose and produces routine business correspondence.
- Greet scheduled visitors and direct to appropriate area. Coordinate and arrange meetings, prepare agendas, reserve and prepare facilities, and record and transcribe minutes of meetings.
- Ensure confidentiality and controls access to sensitive information.
- Researches information as requested and/or as needed
- Communicates official interpretations to the appropriate personnel.
- Transcribe dictation; compose and prepare confidential correspondence, reports, and other complex documents.
- Create and maintain database and spreadsheet files.
- Plan, assign, and direct work. Address complaints and resolve issues.
- Remain professionally flexible when priorities and request change.
- Basic filing principles, Good organizational skills, and Multi-task Management Skills.
- Act as a liaison with other TPH departments.
- Maintain professional communication with parishioners, volunteers, staff, and any other internal or external stakeholders.
- Able to diffuse and resolve escalated issues.
- Engage all callers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Maintain a pleasant speaking voice and have the ability to deal patiently with problems and complaints.
- Remain courteous when faced with difficult or irate callers and represent the ministry appropriately.
- Provide additional assistance in obtaining
the goals of the department as needed.
- Ability to work with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to handle multiple job tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to deal with confidentiality.
- Ability to manage assignments/projects from initiation to execution.
- Ability to bend and lift minimum of 5-10 pounds.
- 3-5 Years of relevant experience.
- Excellent verbal communication, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Advanced computer skills (i.e. MS Word and Data Entry).
- Excellent organizational skills and acute attention to detail.
- Initiative, creativity, and a high level of professionalism.
- Current knowledge of industry best practices.
- Ability to work under firm deadlines within a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent presentation, verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Professional phone voice with a minimum of 3 years customer service experience.
- Comfortable working independently as well as part of a team in a collaborative environment.
- High level of integrity in dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
- BS or BA in Business, Management and Leadership, Communications, or equivalent
- 2+ Years of customer service/relations experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Technical and Professional Skills Needed:
- Adept in Technology
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication
- Organized & Detail Oriented
- Good at Time Management – able to prioritize
- Strategic Planning
- Anticipates Needs
- Microsoft Office -Intermediate/Advanced (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Be Flexible
- Minimal travel may be required