Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the coordination, and management of schedules, activities, and providing administrative support.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to manage a calendar and independently schedule appointments.
- Ability to screen incoming calls and from staff, media, community and business leaders and correspondence and responds accordingly under the direction of leadership when possible.
- Ability to prepare memorandums outlining and explaining communication procedures and policies to internal staff.
- Ability to organize programs, events, meetings or briefings by arranging for facilities and caterers, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers and controlling event budget.
- Prepares agendas, notices, minutes for meetings.
- Ability to perform research and analytical analysis.
- May assist with arranging complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings for the department.
- Ability to represent the department in staff meetings and other functions when management is unable to attend.
- Must be able to reconcile and track EPO’s, billing and contracts, if needed.
- Take and transcribe dictation and compose and prepares confidential correspondence, reports and other complex documents.
- Performs complex and confidential secretarial functions including developing and typing taped dictation or written correspondence.
- Responds to routine external correspondence.
- Prepares expense reports and reimbursements.
- 2-4 years clerical experience in a fast-past office environment
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills, testing will be required!
- Knowledge in MS Projects
- Exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and /or Windows like interface, proficient use of Microsoft office suite such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Access; ability to use Enterprise – wide information systems.
- Knowledge and experience working with for non-profits organizations required.
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees.
- Skill in written and oral communication.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to work with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to handle multiple job tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of internal and external customers both written and verbally.
- Demonstrated ability in presentations, writing, and communication.
- Ability to work on a number of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and research matters including correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Ability to create and maintain database and spreadsheet files.
- Ability to arrange complex and detail travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings, and accompanies executive director when requested.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and assignments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.